Matetsi River Lodge
Excludes flights & taxes
An exclusive safari lodge that combines exceptional wildlife viewing on the banks of the Zambezi River at the pristine Matetsi Private Game Reserve with easy access to the magnificent Victoria Falls. An all inclusive stay awaits you!
Matetsi River Lodge Mouth-watering flavours are created in an interactive kitchen and served indoors or beneath a canopy of mangosteen and waterberry trees.
Al fresco dining takes place next to the quiet murmur of the running waters; punctuated by a choir of frogs as well as the throaty chuckling of hippos; while fresh, African mornings are accented by the stirring cry of fish eagles. As the sun slips beneath the water; guests gather in the cosy bar area to swap stories of the day’s adventures.
At Matetsi River Lodge, life slows down to the majestic pace of the broad Zambezi River; whose waters run deep alongside two intimate camps; each with just nine river-facing suites, as well as a family suite. Clad in an intricate woven pattern that calls to mind the country’s rich heritage; the cool, spacious suites boast contemporary interiors embellished with natural finishes, and also decorated with abstract pieces of art, created by a renowned local artist. Set in the deep shade of riverside trees; each camp, has a dedicated guest area, with sweeping views of the Zambezi.
Matetsi River Lodge details:
- Situated just 40 kilometres (24 miles) above the Victoria Falls; you will have easy access to this iconic destination’s array of adventures.
- Enjoy an exclusive 15 kilometre (9 mile) stretch, of private Zambezi River frontage.
- You will be spoilt for choice at the wonderful selection of land, as well as water-based safaris.
- Discover the wonders of the Zambezi River on sundowner boat cruises, canoeing, as well as fishing adventures.
- Encounter large herds of elephant and buffalo, as well as an assortment of plains game and also predators, on a 50 000 ha private wildlife concession.
- Matetsi Private Game Reserve offers some of the finest safari guides in Zimbabwe and also boasts legendary local hospitality.
- Take in the exceptional views of the Zambezi River from the comfort of your suite
Complimentary scheduled afternoon Tour of the Falls (1 tour per person per stay) including park fees, transfers and high tea at Victoria Falls Hotel.