Wonders of Turkey
This great-value CostSaver trip covers Turkey’s essential wonders with a few surprises along the way.
Wonders of Turkey
From icons like Istanbul’s Blue Mosque to the intriguing underground city of Sarhatli, this Wonders of Turkey tour with Trafalgar Tours, a great-value journey covers Turkey’s essential wonders with a few surprises along the way. As you traverse diverse lands and cultures, you’ll meet local craftspeople like the rug-makers of Cappadocia, who carry on the ancient methods of their trade.
Turkey just may be the ultimate holiday destination: in one thrilling, sun-kissed package tourists can discover perfect beaches, ancient ruins, epic religious sites, wonderful food, glorious scenery and a resoundingly warm welcome form the famously friendly local people.
Turkey includes tremendous variety in its vast borders: the west and east coast beach resorts offer pristine beaches and gorgeous turquoise-coloured waters, while to the west of the land are the rugged mountains of the Anatolian plateau, with its ancient cities and vibrant tribal cultures.
- Ankara: Visit the Museum of Anatolian Civilisation and Ataturk’s Mausoleum
- Cappadocia: Marvel at the underground city of Sarhatli
- Ephesus: Visit the Great Theatre, Library of Celsus, Gymnasium, Temple of Hadrian and House of the Virgin Mary
- Gallipoli: See Anzac Cove, Lone Pine and Chunnuk Bair Cemeteries
- Istanbul: Sightseeing includes the Topkapi Palace and the Blue Mosque
- Konya: Visit the Mevlana Museum, home of the Whirling Dervishes
- Pamukkale: See the Cotton Castle springs and the ruins of the Roman health spa of Hierapolis
- Pergamon: Visit the Asclepion Medical Centre
- Troy: Visit the ruins of the ancient city and see the Wooden Horse