Wonders of Turkey
Excludes flights & taxes
East meets West in this Turkish extravaganza exploring the Byzantine and Ottoman past of Istanbul with its colourful street markets and beautiful Blue Mosque. You’ll also visit the underground city of Sarhatli, Pamukkale’s cotton fortresses and the ruins of Ephesus.
Wonders of Turkey
From icons, like Istanbul’s Blue Mosque to the intriguing underground city of Sarhatli. The Wonders of Turkey tour, with Trafalgar Tours, is a great-value journey which covers Turkey’s essential wonders, as well as revealing a few surprises along the way.
You will traverse diverse lands, as well as cultures; You meet local craftspeople, like the rug-makers of Cappadocia, who carry on the ancient methods of their trade.
Turkey just may be the ultimate holiday destination, in one thrilling, sun-kissed package. Tourists discover perfect beaches, ancient ruins, epic religious sites, wonderful food, glorious scenery, as well as a resoundingly warm welcome from the famously friendly local people.
Turkey includes tremendous variety in its vast borders: the west and east coast beach resorts offer pristine beaches as well as gorgeous turquoise-coloured waters, while to the west of the land are the rugged mountains of the Anatolian plateau, with its ancient cities and vibrant tribal cultures.
- Ankara: Visit the Museum of Anatolian Civilisation and Ataturk’s Mausoleum
- Cappadocia: Marvel at the underground city of Sarhatli
- Ephesus: Visit the Great Theatre, Library of Celsus, Gymnasium, Temple of Hadrian and House of the Virgin Mary
- Gallipoli: See Anzac Cove, Lone Pine and Chunnuk Bair Cemeteries
- Istanbul: Sightseeing includes the Topkapi Palace and the Blue Mosque
- Konya: Visit the Mevlana Museum, home of the Whirling Dervishes
- Pamukkale: See the Cotton Castle springs as well as the ruins of the Roman health spa of Hierapolis
- Pergamon: Visit the Asclepion Medical Centre
- Troy: Visit the ruins of the ancient city and also see the Wooden Horse
Various set departure dates available. Also a variety of optional sightseeing experiences.