Vilanculos Beach Lodge
Includes flights & taxes
Vilanculos Beach Lodge lies approximately 700 kms north of Maputo. The town, with friendly people offers the perfect base from which to explore the picturesque Bazaruto Archipelago.
Vilanculos Beach Lodge is in Vilanculos, Mozambique. Vilanculos lies approximately 700 kms north of Maputo. The town, with friendly people offers the perfect base from which to explore the picturesque Bazaruto Archipelago.
There is an abundance of bird species; including the crab plover, as well as olive bee-eater, that tunnels its nest into the sand dunes. Large flocks of migrant waders visit the fertile mud flats, from September to April. The nomadic Greater Flamingo also arrive around mid-October.
Vilanculos beach Lodge Accommodation:
Vilanculos Beach Lodge, is constructed from natural indigenous elements of thatch, as well as local hardwood simbire poles. These are combined, in perfect harmony with plaster walls, wood frame doors, as well as windows. The property extends right on to the beach. The lodge buildings are about 100m up the ridge, overlooking the sea.
22 Double Bungalows:
Accommodation is in private Bungalows constructed on ironwood stilts with “majeka” roofs, as well as beautiful mahogany floors. All bungalows have en-suite bathrooms with showers; beds are equipped with mosquito nets, coffee & tea facilities & room safes. All rooms also have air-conditioning. The bungalows are amidst lush, indigenous gardens with private balconies; most also have sea-views.
- Scuba Diving: Dive in the warm, subtropical waters of the Indian Ocean, in and around the Bazaruto Archipelago. Scuba dive around the pristine coral reefs which abound with more than 200 species of fish. As the reefs range from shallow to deep; they offer the diver an abundance of marine life with a huge diversity of both coral and fish life. In addition to most of the beautiful East Indian Ocean reef fish; we have the privilege of seeing various species of Sharks; Whale sharks, Manta rays, Potato bass, Turtles, Guitarfish and various Rays and Eels. For those extremely fortunate, a Humpback Whale during the months of July to October.
- For the non-scuba diver, there is also always the opportunity to take a snorkelling trip to the amazing 2 mile reef. Here, one may appreciate the beauty and colours of a coral reef and the abundant marine life it supports without having to don scuba gear.
- Whale watching at Vilanculos Beach Lodge: Excursions are seasonal and happen during the months of July to October and one can see Dolphins year round.
- Bazaruto Island Trips: Various packages allow mind boggling options of adventure, sport and recreation to suit your requirements. Enjoy an idyllic picnic on the pristine beaches of a deserted island, where calm indigo waters stretch to the horizon.
- Cocktail Cruise around Vilanculos: Daytime, late afternoon, as well as evening cocktail cruises are available.
- Charter Boats at Vilanculos beach Lodge: Catamarans, Yachts, Fishing Boats, Water sports Boat.
- Non Motorised water sports at Vilanculos Beach lodge: Non-motorized activities include sea kayaks, paddle boards, soccer as well as beach volleyball. The sea is calm and shallow in front of the lodge and also ideal for swimming and paddling.
- Horse Riding on the Vilanculos Beach: The breeze on your skin, as well as the ocean at your side – this is a wonderful experience and of course you also have the option of a swim ride with your horse.
Activities are with local operators, & subject to weather conditions.