Please note this package is valid for travel between 01 May 2020 & 15 Jun 2020. Subject to availability. Any travel dates out of this period are subject to supplements and increases during school holidays.
Thailand Cultural School Tour
Valid From 01 May 2020 to 15 Jun 2020
6 Nights' in Thailand
Thailand Cultural School Tour starts and ends in Bangkok; and has fascinating sightseeing and discoveries along the way.
Thailand Cultural School Tour
School Tour Itinerary:
Day 1: Bangkok – Ayuthaya – Lopburi – Pitsanuloke (Lunch and Dinner)
- 06:30 Pick up passengers from major Bangkok hotels.
- 07:30 Depart from Bangkok for Bang Pa In to visit the Summer Palace of King Rama V. Afterwards, take a local motor boat for a scenic boat trip to Ayuthaya. Disembark at local pier and continue visit Wat Pranangcherng and the three ancient pagodas at Wat Phra Sri Sanpetch.
- Lunch at a local riverside restaurant.
- After lunch, continue drive to Phitsanuloke. En route, visit the ancient Khmer temple of Phra Prang Sam Yot. Upon arrival in Pitsanuloke, visit Sgt. Maj. Thavee Folk Museum. The private museum collects unique items representing Thai rural life from the last era. Also visit a Buddha statue factory and observe the skilled craftsmen at work.
- Check in at TOPLAND HOTEL or similar hotel.
Day 2: Pitsanuloke – Sukhothai – Sri Satchanalai – Lampang (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- 08:00 Visit Wat Pra Sri Rattana Maha Dhat with its revered Buddha statue, Phra Buddha Jinaraj. Continue the trip to Sukhothai. Visit Wat Sri Chum or The Temple of the Bodhi Tree located north of the old city walls and it might well be the most enigmatic of Sukhothai’s temples. Continue drive to Sri Satchanalai Historical Park, the northern outpost town of the Kingdom of Sukhothai and Wat Phra Sri Ratana Maha Dhat standing on site of the Khmer fort “Chalieng.”
- Lunch at local restaurant.
- After lunch, proceed to Lampang. Upon arrival, enjoy a ride on horse drawn carriage around the old streets of Lampang. Before check-in at the hotel, stop for a walking tour to visit some of the most remarkable colonial style houses in Talad Gao Street.
- Check in at WIENGLAKOR HOTEL or similar hotel.
Day 3: Lampgang – Phayao – Chiang Rai (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- 06:30 An early start and a wonderful chance to make merit with the monks at a temple nearby. Thai Buddhists believe that by making merit, they earn happiness, peace in life, and the chance to progress in their next life, while this sacred experience creates a harmonious way to start the day for all.
- Return to the hotel for breakfast.
- 08:00 Check out and depart for Chiang Rai. Visit Pineapple plantation where you will see how pineapples are cropped and varies of products made from Pineapple. Continue drive northwards, stopping briefly at Phayao Lake for a coffee break, Then, proceed to Chiang Rai, en route lunch at local restaurant.
- After lunch, continue drive to Chiang Saen, former capital of the first Thai kingdom, situated directly on the Mekong River at the border between Thailand and Laos. Take a boat trip upriver on the Mekong to the Golden Triangle where the borders of Thailand, Myanmar and Laos meet. Afterwards, drive to Mae Sai, the northernmost Thai town and on the border with Myanmar. Stroll through and shop at local market.
- Return to Chiang Rai and check in at WIENG INN HOTEL or similar hotel.
Day 4: Chiang Rai – Chiang Mai (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- 08:00 Check out and drive to visit the famous Wat Rong Khun or White Temple, with its unique “kanok” architecture and fantastical sculptures, designed by National Artist Chalermchai Kositpipat. Continue drive to Ban Lorcha, a Phami Akha hill tribe community centre. This community-based tourism development project promotes sustainable, self-reliant development to improve the quality of life of villagers of this Akha Community. Proceed to Chiang Mai and lunch at local restaurant. Afternoon, visit Handicraft factories to observe manufacture of lacquerware, the spinning and weaving of Thai Silk and to watch how paper umbrellas are made. Check in at EMPRESS HOTEL or similar hotel.
- 19:15-22:15 Kantoke Dinner. Enjoy a typical Thai dinner with ancient dances from northern Thailand, followed by a performance of dances and songs by various hill tribes.
- Optional: Opportunity to visit the city’s night market in search of bargains.
Day 5: Chiang Mai (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- 08:30 Visit to an orchid farm where you will see a greater variety of species and colours of this king of flowers that grows in Thailand. Visit an elephant camp. See how these talented and trained animals are used in the timber industry. The elephants’ strength and teamwork will amaze you.
- Afterwards, short visit to an orchid farm where you will see a greater variety of species and colours of this king of flowers that grows in Thailand.
- 12:30 Lunch at local restaurant.
- 13:30 Drive up the serpentine road to the magnificently situated Wat Phra Dhat Doi Suthep. Perched on a forested mountain (3,280 ft.), this most sacred Chiang Mai temple provides a superb view over the city, as well as a wealth of images and frescos. Return to Chiang Mai.
- Dinner at hotel
Day 6: Chiang Mai (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- 08:30 – 1200 Local Life Tour
- Take 45 min. boat ride and enjoying the scenery along the riverbank of Ping River. After boat trip continue to “Sam Lor” or tricycle to Warorod Market, the first and famous market of Chiang Mai. Visit the market of flowers, local food, and local produces.
- Lunch at local restaurant.
- Transfer to Chiang Mai Railway Station.
- 18:00 Depart by 2nd class air conditioned train with sleeping berth. Dinner-box and overnight stay on train.
Day 7: Bangkok
- 06:50 Arrive Bangkok Railway Station. (No breakfast)
- Transfer to your Bangkok hotel.