Pafuri Rivercamp borders Kruger National Park’s Pafuri Gate. Includes 7 Nights’ Tented Tree House Accommodation.
Pafuri Rivercamp borders Kruger National Park’s Pafuri Gate.
Bird specials include: African Finfoot, Mottled Spinetail as well as Pel’s Fishing Owl.
Fishing as nature intended in the Luvuvhu River, Limpopo Valley and Tiger-fishing in Makuya Park.
This unique camp accommodates a maximum of 22 people. Sites are arranged to suit groups from 2 to 8 people, in total privacy. Each site has a fully equipped kitchen, toilet, shower, braai area and access to the Mutale river. We offer self catering tented accommodation or fully catered on request.
There is no electricity, we use paraffin lamps for light, open fires and gas for cooking and gas powered fridges. A few other things we don’t have are; crime, concrete, noise and pollution. Your cell phone won’t work here either.
What we do offer is; wide open skies, peace, quiet, the freedom to explore and good service in a friendly and informal atmosphere. There is a central lapa where delicious bushcamp meals are on offer (please book in advance) and a small pub next to the pool selling ice cold drinks. Unwind; come live in the bush for a while!
On request: Camp organised sundowners at sunset ridge; Champagne breakfast on the banks of the Mutale river,overlooking the KNP.(Min 4 people)
Precautions and what to bring:
- Whilst mosquitoes are not a big problem at the camp, we are situated in a malaria area, so please take or bring the necessary precautions.
- A good flashlight is always handy.
- Warm clothing for the winter evenings.
- Swimsuit and beach towel.
- If you are self-catered; we recommend you pre-pack all your food for the duration of your stay, the nearest shop is a 2 to 3 hour round trip.
- Fuel: If you are driving from Johannesburg, Louis Trichardt has the last 24 Hour Stop. From Zimbabwe it’s Musina. Tshipise has regular petrol and diesel and closing at 18:00 and there is now a small store selling fuel at Masisi; opening hours 07:00. In the Kruger, Punda Maria is your last fuel stop.
- Please watch out for animals on the road.