Cathedral Peak Conference Package
Take advantage of this deal today!
Get a consultant to call you:
Set against the rugged backdrop of the Drakensberg in tranquil and peaceful surroundings, this famous hotel provides an ideal balance between business and pleasure.
Cathedral Peak Conference Package, nestled in the unspoiled surroundings of the Drakensberg mountain range (a World Heritage Site) lies Cathedral Peak Hotel, one of South Africa’s premier resort hotels.
Cathedral Peak Hotel boasts a fully-equipped modern conference centre designed to cater for either large seminars or smaller management meetings.
Choose from 5 different conference rooms seating up to 200 delegates and create the perfect balance between business and pleasure. All-inclusive conference packages are available from the two resident conference-coordinators.
Spouses & families are welcome and easily catered for as Cathedral Peak Hotel can accommodate up to 266 conference guests in 104 rooms – varying from deluxe and family-type accommodation to the exclusive Mponjwane Presidential Suite.
Superb cuisine of an excellent standard is enjoyed and the conference organizer can negotiate individual catering or separate seating. Various theme evenings, gala dinners, champagne breakfasts and braais can be organised for conference delegates by prior arrangement.
The hotel’s thatched boma overlooks the immaculate golf course, Drakensberg mountain range and Umlambonja Valley and is ideal for evening sundowners or private functions. Conference orientated activities including team-building are available on request.
Situation: In the majestic Drakensberg mountains, KwaZulu-Natal (World Heritage site)
Distances from: Johannesburg: approximately 400km (4.5 hours) via van Reenen’s Pass
Durban: approximately 250km (2.5 hours)
Nearest Airports: Ladysmith: approximately 90km (1 hour)
Pietermaritzburg: approximately 180km (2 hours) SA Airlink operates scheduled flights from Oribi Airport.
Activities and Team Building Options:
Our Resident Entertainment Manager is available to assist with entertainment by prior arrangement.
- 15 hikes and trails are available for your enjoyment ranging from gentle to very strenuous – walks include bushman painting sites – no driving necessary.
- A 9 hole golf course (with alternative tees for a 18 hole game) is available to guests. Golf tournaments and events are available by prior arrangement.
- Horse & pony riding (Intermediate and beginners rides are available daily, depending on the weather),
- Trout fishing are available on the property.
- Stunning mountain bike trails of varying difficulty (bikes available for hire).
- Quad biking, tennis, mini adventure golf (floodlit), volley-ball, bowls, badminton, trampoline, heated & cold swimming pools, and paddling pool for children are available outdoors and squash, pool, darts and table tennis are available indoors.
- The Health Centre offers a fully equipped gym, steam bath and Peak Performance Vitality Centre with a resident therapist offering a wide range of treatments.
- The resident helicopter is available for sight seeing tours and transfers.
- San Art Interpretation Centre. Didima Camp, 5kms from Cathedral Peak Hotel offers an interesting journey through the history of San art, in their interpretation centre. Tours are conducted daily and last approximately 2 hours.
- A fun filled Karaoke Evening can be arranged for your conference in Harry’s Bar with words and music on the big screen.
- “Amazing Race” takes participants round the hotel in search of clues to their next destination.Dining facilities: Superb buffet style cuisine is served in the dining room.
An English breakfast is served with hot and cold buffet and full buffet dinners offer starter, main, dessert, cheese board, tea & coffee. Terrace lunches are served outdoors or indoors. A children’s dining room is available. Theme evenings available on request.
Cathedral Peak Conference Package