Barra Beach Club
Barra – Inhambane is one of the only few north-facing beaches in Mozambique thus allowing for protected calm waters and squeaky-clean coconut lined beaches. Come experience Mozambique at its best at Barra’s most exclusive and luxurious hidden gem.
Barra Beach Club
Barra’s most idyllic getaway for those with a spirit of adventure and seeking peace of mind. Situated just outside Inhambane, Mozambique’s paradise tourist destination, on a pristine private beach.
Whether you’re a thrill seeking explorer or are hoping to discover the history, beautiful pieces of architecture and varied culture in the nearby areas, Inhambane host a variety for all travellers.
Activities at Barra Beach Club:
- Walks – Nature walks and Cultural Village walks can be arranged for those who want to explore Mozambique as well as its landscape and heritage.
- Dhow rides – Today, Inhambane has the largest running fleet of locally made dhows in Africa. Sail on one of these traditional dhows to Porcos Island where you will meet the locals, feast on a traditional meal and learn more about their culture.
- Scuba – Submerge yourself into the big blue Indian Ocean and enjoy the Manta Rays, colourful shoals of fish, friendly bottle nose Dolphins and the Whale Sharks. Dive at renowned reefs such as The Office, Coliseum, Chamber of Secret, Amazon and Manta Reef.
- Snorkelling – Explore a shallow reef in the lagoon and enjoy sightings of rare Seahorses and other beautiful creatures like the Cow Fish, Gurnards and Sea Moths.
- Fishing – Nothing better than having a fish braai or fresh sashimi with your own freshly caught fish! Spend a day on the water with an experienced skipper on a fully equipped fishing boat and trawl the waters for the Big One!
- Horse riding – Daily horse rides on the beach can be arranged for beginners and the more experienced. Also Experience the sun setting over Barra on horseback!
- Quad trails – Jump on a quad bike and take a tour with a guide through local villages to nearby beaches. An exciting way to see more of Mozambique!
- Pansy Island trips – Look out for the pink Flamingos en route to Pansy Island, home of the rare Pansy Shell. Spend time scouring the beach for these petal shaped treasures. Snorkel to see micro marine life and the gorgeous Starfish.
- City tours – Inhambane, one of the oldest cities in Mozambique, has a colourful history. Take a tour of this stunning town with a local guide and learn more about Inhambane and its friendly people.
- Spa – Spoil yourself with a massage and pamper at a nearby spa.
- Kayaking – Kayak through the mangroves, a beautiful ecosystem. On this 2-hour excursion you will traverse the mangroves through narrow passageways, as well as testing your kayak skills! This is a must do for bird lovers as you are treated to sightings of Pied Kingfishers, Brown headed Parrots, Whimbrels, Cormorants and even the extremely rare Mangrove Kingfisher.
- SUP, surfboards and kite surfing – equipment is available for hire and will also provide hours of entertainment! Don’t be shy to try it out for the first time with experienced instructors. For the more experienced, the surf spot, Tofinho point, is just around the corner.