Barra Beach Club
Barra – Inhambane is one of the only few north-facing beaches in Mozambique thus allowing for protected calm waters and squeaky-clean coconut lined beaches. Come experience Mozambique at its best at Barra’s most exclusive and luxurious hidden gem.
Barra Beach Club
Barra’s most idyllic getaway for those with a spirit of adventure and seeking peace of mind. Situated just outside Inhambane, Mozambique’s paradise tourist destination, on a pristine private beach.
Whether you’re a thrill seeking explorer or are hoping to discover the history, beautiful pieces of architecture and varied culture in the nearby areas, Inhambane host a variety for all travellers.
Activities at Barra Beach Club:
- Walks – Nature walks and Cultural Village walks, can be arranged for those who want to explore Mozambique; as well as its landscape and heritage.
- Dhow rides – Today, Inhambane has the largest running fleet of locally made dhows in Africa. Sail on one of these traditional dhows, to Porcos Island where you will meet the locals, feast on a traditional meal; as well as learn more about their culture.
- Scuba – Submerge yourself, into the big blue Indian Ocean; Enjoy the Manta Rays, colourful shoals of fish, friendly bottlenose Dolphins a well as the Whale Sharks. Dive at renowned reefs, such as The Office, Coliseum, Chamber of Secret, Amazon & Manta Reef.
- Snorkelling – Explore a shallow reef in the lagoon; enjoy sightings of rare Seahorses; as well as other beautiful creatures like the Cowfish, Gurnards & Sea Moths.
- Fishing – Nothing better than having a fish braai, or fresh sashimi with your own freshly caught fish! Spend a day on the water with an experienced skipper, on a fully equipped fishing boat; trawl the waters for the Big One!
- Horse riding – Daily horse rides on the beach can be arranged for beginners and the more experienced. Also Experience the sun setting over Barra on horseback!
- Quad trails – Jump on a quad bike, and take a tour with a guide through local villages to nearby beaches. An exciting way to see more of Mozambique!
- Pansy Island trips – Look out for the pink Flamingos en route to Pansy Island, home of the rare Pansy Shell. Spend time scouring the beach for these petal shaped treasures. Snorkel, to see micro marine life as well as the gorgeous Starfish.
- City tours – Inhambane, one of the oldest cities in Mozambique, has a colourful history. Take a tour of this stunning town, with a local guide; learn more about Inhambane, as well as its friendly people.
- Spa – Spoil yourself with a massage or pamper, at a nearby spa.
- Kayaking – Kayak through the mangroves, a beautiful ecosystem. On this 2-hour excursion, you will traverse the mangroves through narrow passageways; as well as testing your kayak skills! A must do, for bird lovers, as you are treated to sightings of Pied Kingfishers, Brown headed Parrots, Whimbrels, Cormorants and even the extremely rare, Mangrove Kingfisher.
- SUP, surfboards and kitesurfing – equipment is available for hire; & provides hours of entertainment! Don’t be shy to try it out for the first time, with experienced instructors. For the more experienced, the surf spot, Tofinho point, is just around the corner.