African Golf Collage
Excludes flights & taxes
This panoramic ten-day sojourn winds its way from Pretoria to Cape Town and includes a golfing and non-golfing itinerary.
African Golf Collage
This panoramic 10-day sojourn winds its way from Pretoria to Cape Town and includes a golfing and non-golfing itinerary. After a game drive in Kruger Park*, guests head to Swaziland for game viewing at Mkhaya** and along the coast to Durban* for a city tour. Traverse the Valley of a Thousand Hills to Spionkop Lodge*, an expansive game farm that adjoins an 11 000-acre nature reserve. Continue to Port Elizabeth* for a game drive at Addo Elephant Park, then on to Oudtshoorn for an ostrich-farm visit followed by a spectacular descent through the Outeniqua Mountains to George*. After visiting the natural paradise of Knysna*, the train traverses the spectacular Garden Route to the winelands and Cape mountains before this magnificent expedition ends in Cape Town.
*Courses: Leopard Creek in Kruger (dependent), Durban Golf Club/Zimbali, Champagne Sports Resort in Ladysmith, Humewood in Port Elizabeth, Fancourt and Ernie Els Oubaai in George.
** As of 2018, we will be doing a game drive in Hluhluwe, South Africa.
Available in reverse.
- 10h00 Check-in at Rovos Rail Station in Pretoria for departure at 10h00.
- Lunch and dinner are served as the train traverses the Highveld to the Drakensberg Mountains.
- (Breakfast 07h00-10h00 • Lunch 13h00 • Tea 16h30 • Dinner 19h30)
- Golfers: Morning tee off at Leopard Creek (dependent) near Kruger with lunch.
- Non-golfers: 06h00 Game drive in the Kruger Park with lunch.
- 17h00: Re-join the train at Malelane. Depart for Swaziland.
- 06h00: Game drive at Mkhaya Reserve in Swaziland with tea.
- 10h30: Travel alongside the St Lucia Wetland Park to Durban.
- Golfers: Morning tee off at Durban Country Club/Beachwood/Zimbali.
- 16h00: Re-join the train and travel the Valley of a Thousand Hills to Ladysmith.
- Non-golfers: Disembark for a city tour of Durban with lunch.
- 16h00: Travel the Valley of a Thousand Hills to Ladysmith.
- Golfers: Transfer to Champagne Sports Resort for a morning tee off.
- Non-golfers: 10h00 Spionkop battlefields tour, game drive and lunch.
- 17h00: Travel to Kroonstad across the Drakensberg Mountains.
- Today is at leisure as the train travel towards the coast.
- Golfers: Morning tee off at Humewood Course.
- After lunch, join the train in Port Elizabeth and travel to Oudtshoorn via Willowmore.
- Non-golfers: 07h30 Game drive at Addo Elephant Park.
- 12h00: Travel to Port Elizabeth en route to Willowmore.
- Golfers: Transfer to Fancourt along the Montagu Pass for a morning tee off.
- 18h30: Meet the non-golfers for dinner at the estate.
- Non-golfers: 09h00 Enjoy an ostrich-farm visit. Travel to George.
- 18h30: Disembark for dinner at Fancourt Estate.
- Golfers: Morning tee off at Ernie Els Oubaai.
- Non-golfers: 08h00 Morning at leisure in Knysna/ferry ride to Featherbed.
- 13h30: Depart George. Travel the Garden Route to Riversdale.
- Day at leisure traversing the Cape Fold Mountains.
- 17h00: Arrive at Platform 23 at Cape Town Station.
Alternative dates for Pretoria to Cape Town: 16-25 May 2018
Alternative dates for the reverse journey (from Cape Town to Pretoria):
- 28 May – 06 June 2018
- 12 – 21 November 2018