LUX BELLE MARE “COMPLETED” US!
To sum up our experience in one word in a positive sense, for the 12 days that we spent at LUX Belle Mare– R I D I C U L O U S!
From the minute we arrived at LUX Belle Mare to the minute we left – every single moment was completely ridiculous. If it is your intrinsic nature to look to complain, I dare you to book a week at this heavenly paradise and see if you can even get 3 complaints on your list …
As a family with a teenager and a 4 year old, I can honestly say that all our needs and interests were catered for and if there was anything specific we wanted to do – like for example celebrate a birthday with a little party for our 4 year old, or have her birthday dinner on the beach, or take a trip to visit one of the other hotels, or arrange a separate barbeque dinner with friends that were staying at the resort with us, or even enjoy a fantastic breakfast in the water – it was “NO PROBLEM, we will arrange for you!”. The CAN DO and WILL DO attitude was carried through every staff member, from the General Manager, Ashish Modak, through to the servers, lifeguards, room attendants and grounds staff.
As for doing anything on a small scale – I am not sure LUX BELLE MARE’s definition of small and mine are the same – the little party for our 4 year old, was a spread of note, with cup cake decorating, balloons, pass the parcel and of course a magnificent Barbie cake, that she will remember for a long, long time. I must tell you the young chef that delivered on the cake should be awarded the title of “CAKE BOSS” – Brilliant work and Thank You.
The private dinners were nothing short of gluttonous – if the look on our faces could have been captured when we arrived and saw how eloquent and amazing they had put everything together, it would give you the reader an idea of how LUX Belle Mare does everything nothing short of world class! Their attention to detail, their will to delight and please is by far beyond anything we as a family in all our MANY (and I do say many, as we have done Mauritius and other resort holidays a number of times) opportunities have come to experience.
If one can afford to, I would recommend splashing out for at least two nights, and experience luxury, privacy and indulgence of staying in a private villa that comes assigned with your own personal butler. Now this is how you experience LIFE! Your own little heaven, with private pool- especially wonderful for the romantic couple or even a family with kids allowing you some extra room with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, lounge, dining and mini kitchenette. Our Butlers, Pravind and Chem were on the ball, always available, but not intrusive and knew ahead of time exactly what our preferences were.
AMA – ZING, (AMA is the XHOSA prefix meaning “a lot of”) became our word of the day for just about everything we experienced – the above was not all –
* The girls hunted daily for the hidden message in a bottle which created much excitement of finding it and what the prize would be,
* The teddy tennis, Coach Pascal was so patient and filled with energy teaching our 4 yr old to play.
* There was also a secret bar which got the girls excited for another treasure hunt – albeit it was a reward for the parents J,
* Then there was the weekly movies under the stars on bean bags on the beach – with popcorn and soda’s!! (AMA – ZING),
* The tubing, water-skiing, parasailing,
* Lunch in the herb garden,
* Mauritian cooking experience,
* The little red phone box where the girls could phone granny J,
* The COFFEE – LUX Belle Mare has THE best Coffee in Mauritius – not only do they grind their own coffee beans, they also have their own roaster on the resort – now that is AMA-ZING!!
* The Spa, this is a journey in itself – even if you don’t have a treatment! Just sitting in the relaxation area will take you away from reality with the smells, sights and sounds before your treatment even begins.
LUX certainly has presented an unbelievable amount of reasons of wanting to stay here. My family and every other person that we encountered at the hotel were singing the same tune – what possible reason would one not want to go?
You get what you pay for and believe me the value, service, experience and memories you receive when staying at LUX Belle Mare goes far, far, far beyond the price on the package.
Thank you Ashish Modak, Pascal Bertrand, Sheila Malloo, Nagessen Valadoo, Anatolie Sophie, Christophe Theodorine, Vanisha, Ashkal, Vishal, Chem, Pravind, Videsh, Carun, Dorothy, & Raveen. Thank You LUX BELLE MARE for allowing our family to celebrate life and for our experience that was nothing short of R I D I C U L O U S!
-by Ravella Lambert